Performs a wide range of statistical and data analyses assignments that support research activities of the Northern New England Cardiovascular Disease Strudy Group using large clinical registry data. Maintain and updates database as needed.
- Determines type of data needed, and identifies and evaluates probable data sources. Determines appropriate methods for analyzing and interpreting data.
- Utilizes statistical language programming, applied mathematical and/or statistical techniques to develop solutions for identified analytic hypotheses.
- Utilizes statistical techniques appropriate for cross-sectional and longitudinal data analysis, including survival analyses, hierarchical (multi-level) modeling and generalized non-linear mixed effects models.
- Reviews specifications for data collection and storage to assure statistical quality.
- Reviews, analyzes, coordinates, and/or revises statistical reports.
- Creates data dictionaries and data libraries to facilitate subsequent analysis of the data after each defined project has ended.
- Summarizes data management, data linkage activities, and analysis results in reports.
- Initiates and formulates plans and execute project(s) through extensive and specialized original performance analyses and evaluations.
- Evaluates alternative courses of action and makes recommendations based on sound statistical theory.
- Participates in the preparation and writing of scholarly publications based on the results of the analysis. Contributes to the planning and writing of research grant proposals related to health services research, including drafting statistical methods sections and sample size calculations.
- Researches and applies new and current statistical, data management, and quality improvement methodologies.
- Defines and advises on system (hardware/software) requirements for new systems, upgrades, and enhancements to existing systems.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Master’s degree in epidemiology, mathematics, public health, health policy, health services research or in a quantitative science with 5 years of experience in statistical analysis applications and database management in a health care or research setting required.
- Competence in complex database design (xml, relational, Microsoft Access)
- Expertise in SAS and STATA required.
- The ability to operate with minimal supervision and make sound decisions is essential.