About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
The Ambassador Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the activities of the ambassador shift staff which provide ambassador functions to City of Hope. The Ambassador Supervisor assists in leading the provision of the City of Hope ambassador services to create the best experience of the City of Hope's patients, family members, employees and vendors, for the main campus, local community sites for the operation of the parking facilities. The role is also responsible for the overall shift management of the ambassador team.Key Responsibilities include: Ambassador Management:
Reports, Monitors and Trains:
- Supervises Guest/Patient Service in the following areas:
- Meeting, greeting and assisting of patients, guests and colleagues with way finding (providing directions), obtaining wheelchairs and providing minimal transport.
- Acknowledging and greeting of patients, guests and colleagues with a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Accessing patient information to confirm appointment times, appointment locations and room numbers to guests on an as-needed basis
- May provide some concierge services to assist patients and guests with accessing Internet information (e.g., driving directions, restaurants, shopping and amenities) within the City of Hope and local community.
- Ensures that patient and business confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to help others at all times.
- Coordinates patient needs with other departments.
- Supervise ambassador shift including those driving, those acting as greeters both on and off the curb. Provides updates to staff at beginning of each shift. Responsible for proper execution of assigned duties. Interacts with parking team, patient transport and volunteers as required.
- Knowledgeable of and adheres to all COH rules, regulations, policies, and orders. Responsible for ambassador on or at any assigned City of Hope locations.
- Provide input to the annual operating budgets for the ambassador program.
- Effectively motivate, coach and manage staff to achieve prescribed objectives by providing clear performance expectations and regular feedback. Document performance outcomes and ensure poor performance is addressed and high performance is recognized and rewarded.
- Supervise the day to day processes for ambassadors, radios, golf carts, directions, traffic management, complaints, event management and patient/public parking.
- Ambassador services to be supplied to agreed standards, within budget and to agreed timeframes while maintaining effective relationships with clients across the organization
- Create and maintain internal documentation such as dashboards and system reports to measure current system health in real time.
- Undertake investigations into customer complaints and other sensitive matters which may have reputational implications for City of Hope. Recommend strategies to minimize risk, inform management and provide cost effective outcomes. Liaise closely with senior management, security and other regulatory bodies.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Maintains records and prepares incident reports and other documents pertinent to ambassador activities.
- Maintains department records, reports, and files as required.
- Create and provide training to all ambassador staff.
- Trains the dispatchers within the Ambassador Program as well as creates and develops monthly reporting for statistical analysis.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending in-service meetings, and workshops to keep up to date with current ambassador industry trends.
- Associate Degree, Hospitality, Business, Computer Science. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 3 years of Supervisory or Management experience
- 5 years of experience in Customer Service or Hospitality Industry
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Current CA Driver's License.
- CPR and First Aid.
- Bachelor Degree, Hospitality or Business Management.
- 2 years prior customer service in hotel in health care setting experience preferred.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills.
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions.
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment).
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.