About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Responsible for assessing the quality of the performance of patient access team members who deal with patients in person, over the telephone and on-line. Assists with cross-functional coordination of all quality monitoring and customer experience improvement initiatives within Patient Access. Ensures patient facing and call center staff provide extraordinary service on a day-to-day basis to help the organization meet their most important goal of providing an outstanding patient experience. Participates in the customer service training, quality monitoring, and coaching of staff interactions with patients. Performs quality monitoring to measure skills in use of scripts, service ability, greeting, listening, etiquette, efficiency and courteous close of calls. Also conducts quality audits on the use of standard work. Provides ongoing coaching, reports progress and identifies need for additional training if needed. Support operational leadership by communicating performance opportunities, performance reporting, and addressing quality issues with action plans created jointly with management teams.Key Responsibilities include:Quality Monitoring/Audits:
Training and Development:
- Independently conducts daily quality monitoring of patient interactions at the medical center and across various call centers; motivates, encourages and provides timely feedback to agents in a manner that is professional; coordinates and facilitates ongoing calibration sessions; provide status updates to managers and escalate patterns as needed.
- Monitor calls to assess the use of scripts, greeting, listening, etiquette, efficiency and courteous and conformity to company policies and procedures. Participates in calibration and joint monitoring sessions, complying with agreed scoring standards. Provides ongoing coaching, reports progress and identifies need for additional training if needed.
- Independently conducts timely quality audits specific to how employees follow business rules and standard work to register patients, conduct intake, admits patients, procure records, and scheduled patient appointments. Coaches and trains employees in specific areas of needed development inclusive of side by side training sessions.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and facilitation of a training program focused on delivering consistent customer service for new and existing patient access staff across the organization. Prepares training course materials and other coaching interventions to address any gaps in knowledge, competency and skills. Utilizes various methods of training which include power point slides, role playing, focus groups, gathering and playing recordings, flip chart presentations, etc. Trains management how to actively coach and empower their staff.
- Works closely with subject matter experts (trainers) to create comprehensive skills based training materials, agendas and computer based modules tailored to meet the needs of our patients. Responsible for continuously enhances technical training materials, ensuring quality and consistency of course content throughout the training process.
- Provides support with training site setup, scheduling of programs, and notification of attendees, maintenance and delivery of program materials, acting as facility liaison and handling inquiries. Troubleshoots issues participants encounter with accessing and participating in on-line training and with using self-paced learning modules. Reserves conference space, coordinates physical setup of room, and coordinates catering services. Monitors and maintains inventory of training materials and supplies to meet training program needs. Prepares and/or re-orders additional materials and supplies, as needed. Administer training program evaluations. Compiles and distributes results to appropriate training staff. Answers participant questions regarding training programs.
Process Improvement Initiatives:
- Support operational leadership by communicating performance opportunities, performance reporting, and addressing quality issues with action plans created jointly with management teams. Provide management with suggestions and data to support process improvement recommendations.
- Support process improvement initiatives assigned by quality assurance manager. Meet with stake holders and SMEs to establish the current state and recommend a future state with help of the relevant SMEs and stake holders. Draft the process using a standard template and have it approved and published.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Responsible for performing miscellaneous duties related to quality monitoring and the patient experience as needed.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- High school diploma
- At least 3-5 years of healthcare registration, new referral and scheduling experience in a call center, outpatient or hospital setting.
- Associate degree preferred
- Lean process improvement
- One-year quality monitoring experience preferred
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.