***This position is per-diem***About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary:
Operates X-ray equipment; develops film; prepares procedure room, equipment, supplies and medications and assists physicians in radiologic examinations. Provides patient services using imaging modalities. Provides necessary documentation for patient tracking, billing and film tracking.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:Minimum Education:
- Performs diagnostic imaging procedures of the breast, including mammography, image guide for biopsy, and image guide for localization.
- Prepares room and equipment for patient.
- Assists the radiologist, cardiologist, and/or clinician during radiologic procedures, including invasive and non-invasive studies.
- Prepares reagents following standard formulas and procedures.
- Develops film, evaluating film for technical quality.
- Prepares the patient, explains the procedure , and ensures patient's cooperation during the examination
- Informs the patient of the procedure to be done, and instructs the patient on participation required to produce an optimal exam. Transports unit to patient's room when necessary.
- Maintains supplies and equipment in assigned area in ready state, reviewing operation of equipment and expiration of medications.
- Reviews orders for Diagnostic Imaging tests for appropriateness, modifies order according to policy or reviews with radiologist when non-standard.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending in-service meetings and workshops.
- Performs professional duties as required by the department.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental and infection control guidelines. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
High School or equivalentMinimum Experience:
1 year Diagnostic Radiologic TechnologyRequired Certification/Licensure:
Current or pending certification ARRT (M,R), CRT certification in Mammography, current CPRAdditional Information:
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.