About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Responsible for the care, cleaning and preparation of anesthesia supplies and equipment. Assists with patient care activities as assigned without actual administration of anesthetics and medications. Maintains and prepares monitoring and special equipment and assists in restocking and storage of supplies. Assists in transportation of patients as necessary.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Prepares and restocks anesthesia cart with necessary equipment and supplies.
- Prepares anesthesia equipment anticipated for specific patient needs according to scheduled operations. Sets up special equipment as needed.
- Assists anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist during cases where special equipment is used.
- Cleans, decontaminates, and sterilizes anesthesia equipment and checks anesthesia machines for leaks, empty tanks, etc.; prepares anesthesia equipment for next case.
- Informs anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist of deficiencies in stock.
- Maintains awareness of safety hazards during use of equipment and reports malfunctions immediately.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Assists clinical personnel in transferring patients to or from beds, chairs, wheelchairs, stretchers and/or tables.
- Utilizes proper judgement in decision making.
- Interacts, establishes cooperative working relationships, and communicates effectively with co-workers.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- One-year recent experience in an acute care facility.
- Medical terminology. Basic mathematics.
- Current CPR/BLS certificate.
- Two years experience in an acute care facility as an anesthesia technician; or 3 years experience in an ambulatory setting.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.