About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.** This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. You may sit at any of the 48 States **Position Summary
The Business Analyst is responsible for leading the strategic development and implementation of process improvement and technology solutions across enterprise patient access. This role has responsibility for improving patient access related workflows, establishing standard work, optimizing technology solutions, and developing effective training programs. Perform and manage complex data analysis to determine process improvement opportunities, evaluate alternatives and prioritize redesign efforts that address the strategic needs of the organization. Serves as a Liaison between access operations and other internal departments. Works alongside the Senior Business Analyst, responsible for business process management which includes developing and maintaining a repository of organizational and tactical objectives, process documentation, reporting, database management, analysis, department/unit metrics and key performance indicators. Routinely reviews and analyzes business process, intake and coordination, workflow management, and job functions to provide insight and suggestions for improvements. Participates in projects to develop business case during project initiation, identify business needs, and assist in change management strategies or changes throughout the project life cycle.Key Responsibilities include:
- Assists management in identifying opportunities to improve business operations and the overall patient experience. Documents current state, recommendations for future state, implementation planning and timeline, and expected benefit. Presents recommendations and full business case to leadership. Oversee and coordinate improvement initiatives across all aspects of patient access including point-of-service scheduling/registration, financial clearance, call center operations, patient referral services, and nurse triage. Drives best practices through influence of leadership team and staff while meeting and exceeding performance targets. Respond to ad-hoc requests and develops effective solutions in a time manner. Coach staff and managers to improve workflow and operational performance.
- Technology Optimization:
- Takes the lead in maintaining and improving process automation through system enhancements. Recommends technology solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes. Present analysis and interpretation for operational and business review and planning. Stay current with industry trends and IT solutions.
- Analyze, review, forecast, and trend big and complex data sets. Performs ad hoc analyses, including prospective modeling and retrospective trending. Able to develop data plans, data request, data acquisition, data cleansing, and perform analytics. Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources. Work with departmental leaders to outline the specific data needs for each functional unit. Assists management in preparing reports, charts and presentations. Prepares special documents, reports and related materials for staff and executive management meetings as required.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Handle special projects. Participate in annual budget process as it relates to improvement goals and initiatives.
- Identify all the systems, processes and users that are impacted by the business problem, and/or the solution.
- Ensure that the system/process users' interests are known and communicated to other project stakeholders.
- Troubleshooting as a result of a reported process issues.
- Conduct financial analyses and synthesize available information to provide decision support to Senior Leadership
- Perform financial reviews and analyses in partnership with internal departments and external advisors.
- Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial models as needed.
- Act upon identified late tasks
- Develop financial and operational performance reports and presents the findings to Patient Access executive leadership as well as operational leaders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute key strategic initiatives.
- Maintains patient confidentiality as regulated by HIPAA.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Preferred education experience and skills:Additional Information:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Project management experience a plus
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.