About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Plans, implements, coordinates and evaluates patient care in assigned department or program. Performs all duties within the scope of licensure utilizing the nursing process. Acts as a patient advocate in all ethical and legal aspectsKey Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience, and skills required for consideration:
- Utilizes the City of Hope nursing process in clinical practice.
- Coordinates patients on clinical protocols under the direction of the attending physician.
- Plans and coordinates all diagnostic testing, patient assessment, treatments and follow-up according to protocol guidelines.
- Interacts with patients and families to ensure study compliance, obtain information and assesses the need for psychosocial support. Assists patient and family in developing coping mechanisms.
- Functions as clinical resource and liaison to all members of health care team.
- Develops and or presents educational programs for patients, significant other, and staff related to specific program or departmental needs.
- Documents data pertaining to protocol in medical record.
- Develops and participates in performance improvement activities to evaluate the program's effectiveness in meeting patient care and departmental needs.
- Demonstrates a level of professional practice that supports the delivery of appropriate care and positive working relationships throughout the medical center.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending inservice meetings, and workshops.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Three to five years experience in field of expertise
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
- Current RN license
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association
- Master's Degree
- BMT experience
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- Shift: Day 8 hours Monday -Friday
- Job Status: Full-Time 40 hours
- Relocation assistance may apply.
- This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement
- Certification pay may apply
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.