A Postdoctoral Associate Specialist position is available in the Immunogenetics and Transplantation Laboratory (https://itl.ucsf.edu/) at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). The qualified candidate will be working with the team of Prof. Rajalingam Raja on projects related to Immunogenetic, Histocompatibility, and Transplant Immunology.
The overall goals are to 1) Define the functional histocompatibility to increase the number of transplants and improve transplant outcomes by identifying acceptable HLA mismatches and tolerable donor-specific HLA antibodies; 2) Understand the function of germline-encoded polymorphism of immunity-related genes (HLA, KIR, KLR, FcR) in human ethnic populations and their impact on infections, tumor transformation, autoimmune diseases, pregnancy success and allogeneic solid organ and bone marrow transplantation.
- Hold a Ph.D. (or equivalent degree) in a biological science discipline such as Immunology, molecular biology, genetics, or other relevant fields.
- Must be independent, motivated, creative, enthusiastic, and work collaboratively.
- Expertise in various cellular and molecular biology techniques (cell culture, flow cytometry, genetic sequencing, cloning, expression, antibody and cell killing assays, functional studies).
- Experience in CRISPR-Cas gene-editing technology is a plus.
- Strong statistical, computational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Actively participate in writing journal articles and grant proposals.
- Have at least two years of availability.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and high-quality patient care. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. The annual stipend is competitive with NIH fellowships. Benefits include medical and dental insurance. In addition, vacation, sick, and professional leave are provided.
Please send a letter describing your research experience, a summary of your career objectives, CV/resume, two writing samples of your work, and three references to Rajalingam Raja (Rajalingam.Raja@ucsf.edu).and Annie Szeto (Annie.Szeto@ucsf.edu).