UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. UNIL and CHUV encourage excellence, individual recognition, and responsibility. The Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the University of Lausanne (FBM), Switzerland, and the Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) invite applications for a position of:
Tenure-track Assistant Professor
toward associate Professor (PAST-PTC-PAS)
in medical informatics and health data privacy
within the CHUV Biomedical Data Science Center
Starting date: to be agreed Place: Lausanne, Switzerland
The CHUV Biomedical Data Science Center (BDSC) is a new platform for service, teaching and translational research at the interface of CHUV and UNIL. Its mission is to accelerate the development and use of advanced data science and artificial intelligence (AI) techniques in medicine to facilitate the work of physicians and nurses and ultimately provide better patient care. The BDSC considers health data privacy as a holistic concept that enables sensitive health data to be accessed and used for the benefit of patients, while, at the same time, preventing misuse. The center seeks to recruit an outstanding young scientist eager to combine service and research activities in core research areas of medical informatics and translational data science, who will develop a pioneering research program in the field of health data privacy in patient-centered data infrastructures for translational research and learning health systems.
- Develop an independent and competitive research program in the field of medical informatics with particular emphasis on methods for health data privacy (e.g., secure distributed computing in healthcare for cross-site data analysis, methods and tools for applying privacy-enhancing technologies in medicine, data anonymization and pseudonymization).
- Set up and coordinate a research/service unit in medical data science and informatics.
- Contribute to the development of the Biomedical Data Science Center.
- Contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in the field.
- PhD degree in computer science, medical informatics, bioinformatics, or another subject relevant for this professorship,
- Demonstrated achievements in the field of medical informatics and health data privacy, documented by publications in peer-reviewed journals or conferences, as well as further academic achievements appropriate for the early stage of one’s career.
- Capacity to lead a research program that can attract external funding.
- Experience in leading a research unit and/or group in a biomedical environment, preferably clinical or hospital.
- Willingness to combine research and service activities, with a strong emphasis on translational and applied research.
- Good knowledge of French (level at least B2, C1 ideally) or the ability to acquire it quickly.
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Raphael Gottardo (Raphael.Gottardo@chuv.ch), Director of the CHUV Biomedical Data Science Center.
Applications, in English, should include i) a motivation letter, ii) a curriculum vitae, iii) a list of publications highlighting the five most significant ones, iv) a brief statement (5 pages max.) of the past and future research, v) a summary of previous teaching experience (if applicable), vi) and the names and contact information of at least three references, vii) a copy of diplomas, and viii) a valid identity card.
Full applications should be submitted online as a single PDF file to wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application by June 19th, 2022 (23:59 GMT+1).
The detailed job description is available at the same address.
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite