This is a research coordinator II position supporting an investigator in the Baylor College of Medicine Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. This position is to coordinate day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, data collection, documentation, and ensure safety of research participants. The ideal candidate will be expected to manage their time and workload efficiently among multiple projects. Position is responsible for implementing day-to-day tasks of multiple research protocols involving veterans with post traumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injury, and Gulf War Illness.
- Screen and recruit patients for research studies; compile lists of potential research subjects, in accordance with study objectivesContact potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol and to arrange interviews, either in person or by telephone
- Obtain informed consent from participants
- Prepare research materials including forms and questionnaires for patients
- Collect medical history from patients and medical records
- Administer questionnaires and neuropsychiatric assessments
- Conduct face-to-face and/or telephone interviews with subjects, in accordance with interview protocol, data collection procedures and documentation standards
- Maintain accurate patient records safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects
- Perform data collection and entry, review and edit data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follow up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Familiarity working in a hospital setting
- Experience working with patients in mental health settings
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.