Two two-year full-time postdoctoral positions are available immediately in the area of knee musculoskeletal modeling and kinetic analysis. The goal of the work is to examine knee unstable muscle forces and disc loads in static and dynamic conditions. The project will involve integration of in vivo knee kinematics, muscle activity and muscle strength data into subject-specific models.
Ongoing projects in the lab relate to chronic disease and assistive device in knee ergonomics. The Biomechanical lab is part of the Neural Engineering Research Centre in Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Science, Shenzhen, China.
• PhD degree in mechanical or biomedical engineering
• Research experience and practical knowledge of research principles is required. Experience in a biomechanics laboratory, with commonly used biomechanical tools and analytical methods, is preferred.
• Proficiency in motion capture system is required, including the ability to muscle electromyographic data collection, muscle strength measurement.
• Expertise in 3D model reconstruction from Images, and finite element analyses are also required. Please describe modeling proficiencies in your application.
• Experience designing mechanical assemblies and/or fabrication skills are preferred.
• Excellent critical thinking skills are required.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply the scientific method is required.
• Knowledge of orthopaedic terminology and human anatomy is preferred.
Successful candidates will be someone who are independent and motivated, and possess strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and technical writing skills. Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously while working under occasionally stressful conditions.
Competitive salary starts from 300K RMB depends on qualifications and experience.
To apply, applicants must submit the following to Prof Lin Wang (email@example.com): an updated CV with a focus on relevant educational background, work experience, academic record of peer reviewed publications and grants, computer skills, and instrumentation skills. Reference letters are not requested at this time.
Following our internal selection process, only qualified applicants will be contacted for a Skype interview. The application process and all associated communications will remain confidential.
Lin Wang, Ph.D.
Research Centre of Neural Engineering
1068, Xueyuan Road, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences