Post-Doctoral Fellow - Gudima Lab
SOM KC Department of Microbiology, Molecular Genetic and Immunology
Gudima LabPosition Title:
Post-Doctoral Fellow - Gudima LabJob Family Group:
Professional StaffJob Description Summary:
Studies include, but are not limited to, working on research projects addressing the mechanisms mediating chronic hepadnaviral infection, including HBV. Other major topics of the research studies will also include (i) mechanism of establishment and maintenance of chronic HDV infection, (ii) HDV spread, and (iii) persistence of HDV infection in absence of ongoing HBV replication. The experiments will include work with animal models, cell culture models and with the samples collected from infected individuals. You will conduct research studies, for which planning, performing the experiments, data collection, data analyses and preparation of manuscripts are required.Job Description:Required Qualifications:
- Education: PhD degree in molecular virology/virology and/or molecular biology.
- Work Experience: Research productivity documented by publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Skills: Proficiency in molecular biology and virology techniques is essential.
Job Duties Outlined:
- Work Experience: Experience in the HBV/HDV area of research is highly desirable.
Required Documents:Employee Type:
- Under guidance of Dr. Gudima, design and perform experiments in HBV/HDV field of research, which will involve molecular biology and virology techniques that will include but will be not limited to isolation of nucleic acids from cells, serum samples and tissues, assembly of HDV virions, assembly of HBV virions, in vitro infection of primary human and woodchuck hepatocytes, analysis of the in vivo infections of the laboratory animals with WHV and/or HDV, analysis of liver tissue samples and serum samples collected from individuals infected with HBV or HBV/HDV, variety of cloning strategies, RNA sequencing (RNA-seq), sequencing and immunoprecipitation. The major focuses of the research will be on the studying the mechanisms of the infections caused by hepadnaviruses (HBV, WHV and related viruses) and by HDV, and on the relation of those infections to liver carcinogenesis.
- Write research papers reflecting the data generated by experiments conducted under guidance of Dr. Gudima.
Actively participate in evaluation of the generated data in order to advance the development of several research studies that are currently ongoing in Dr. Gudima lab. Provide guidance, training and facilitate the starting periods in the research that will be performed by newly hired members of Dr. Gudima lab.
- Prepare and perform research presentations reflecting the generated experimental data at various scientific meetings, which will include meetings dedicated to hepatitis viruses and to virology/molecular virology.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Full timeRate Type:
$48,000.00 - $80,000.00Minimum
To learn more and apply online, please visit https://kumc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/kumc-jobs/job/Kansas-City-Metro-Area/Post-Doctoral-Fellow---Gudima-Lab_JR003513-1
or go to https://careers.kumc.edu/
and search for position number JR003513.
Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.
About KU Medical Center:
The University of Kansas Medical Centers mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at www.kumc.edu
KUMC offers a range of great benefits that support employees and eligible family members. Our health insurance benefits begin on hire date and KUMC offers other exciting benefits such as paid parental leave, generous employer retirement contributions and other resources to improve health and well-being. For more information, please visit https://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefits.html
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency