We are seeking a full-time post-doctoral fellow in the laboratory of Dr. Alex. Cuenca, M.D. Ph.D. which is located in the Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School. The successful candidate will utilize several murine models in the laboratory to study the role of immune cells in alloimmune response that contribute to a variety of transplant diseases.
Our focus is to gain an understanding of the immune cells driving the alloimmune response in the rejecting organ transplant. Our overarching goal is to gain scientific knowledge of the immune cell microenvironment in the rejecting organ transplant diseases. We use cutting edge wet lab experimental approaches such as multi-parameter flow cytometry and functional assays, immunophenotyping/profiling, ELISA, cell sorting and RNAseq to determine immune responses. In addition we are using a mouse model of transplant rejection to advance understand immune responses and efficacy of potential treatments. Candidates are highly encouraged to explore their own ideas, and present their work at conferences.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- The ideal applicant will be highly motivated; have a Ph.D. or M.D. degree; research experience in one or more of the following Immunology, molecular biology, cell biology.
- Ability to design and execute more challenging in vivo and ex vivo experiments to analyses murine and human immune response with experience in cellular and molecular immunology (e.g. multicolor Flow analysis, immune cell culture and functional assays, immunophenotyping/profiling, ELISA, cell sorting and RNAseq)
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus: Flow cytometry, Mouse models of autoimmune/transplant disease, allo-Islet transplant, and Cardiac transplant.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Strong collaborative and team-work skills. The ability to perform both self-directed and guided research.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for interpretation of results, analysis of data and support of further research activities.
- The postdoctoral fellow will be affiliated with the Department of Surgery at Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
Please forward your CV and cover letter to Dr. Alex. Cuenca, M.D. Ph.D.by email: Alex.Cuenca@childrens.harvard.edu Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School