The Senior Manager, Research Administration provides oversight and guidance to the Office of Clinical Research Finance Team. The position requires in-depth knowledge of clinical research finance, specifically pre-award budget development, research billing compliance, post award financial management and, in general, the clinical research life cycle. The Senior Manager will lead a dynamic team by ensuring workload is evenly distributed and analyst abide by BCM policy and internal policy.
The Senior Manager position requires someone who understands the entire life cycle of clinical research and how the different areas in research (contracts, regulatory and coordination) interrelate with the finances of the research study. Job Duties
- Manage the finance group by reviewing study portfolio, assigning new studies for budget development, and answering questions.
- Serve as main point of contact for budget and finance related questions for the office.
- Review workflows and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Report budget and finance metrics to leadership.
- Verify and update Baylor policy related to clinical trial finance process by engaging with Sponsored Program and Finance.
- Convey changes to the finance team and the rest of the institution.
- Train and supervise finance group.
- Work closely with other departments within the institution to ensure continued best practice around research finance.
- Bachelor's degree. Certified Research Administrator certification through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Clinical Research Finance experience
- Research Administrative experience
- Previous Supervisory Position
- Knowledge of federal regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively in a complex matrix environment
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.