About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
The Unit Ambassadoracts as the primary clerical resource for the unit as well as monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station.
Performunit secretary duties for the unit such as clerical support and receptionist duties and assist with activities based on patient needs under the direction of the RN. Must possess effective communication skills and have previous patient care experience. Must have computer and keyboarding skills. Responsible for observation of patient monitors, prompt notification of cardiac rhythm changes. Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Strong focus on customer service, providing accurate, reliable, courteous and timely assistance. Answers the phone promptly and assist with transferring of call as needed. Collaborates and communicates with the team and colleagues.
- Supports the efforts of all care providers to deliver quality care. Print or copy documents as requested to support the clinical team. Per performs clerical duties as requested.
- Answers the nurse call bell system and follow through for patient request.
- Monitor and interprets accurately cardiac rhythms of patients. Immediate reporting of any rhythm change to the RN or charge RN.
- Maintains integrity of the telemetry system, admits, transfer, or when patients out of the unit. Reports all malfunctions or needed adjustments to equipment to CN or management.
- Ensure that alarms at the central station are on at all times and only changes of setting by the RN.
- Ability to assign, document and maintain logs for communication devices on unit.
- Maintain equipment logs, such as loaned items from unit and items that have been sent for repair.
- Place work orders for nonfunctional communication equipment ie. Vocera, pager, locators, computers at stations, WOWs and nurse call system.
- Keep nursing station and public areas clean and tidy.
- Order and manage stock in the unit as needed.
- Ability to keep bed management system information updated and current to facilitate transfers and discharges.
- Schedules follow up appointment for patient's being discharged.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
High School or equivalent, Completion of EKG monitoring class, worked in a hospital setting as a unit clerk/secretary/monitor tech.
1-2 years related experience, Pass competency with 80 % or above and has knowledge of age specific Required Certification/Licensure:
If applicable, Insert Text and add bullets Preferred education experience and skills:
Current BCLS, Completion of EKG class. Pass competency with 80% or above.Additional Information:
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.