About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.** This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. You may sit at any of the 48 States.Must work Pacific Hours **Position Summary
The Manager, ITS Program Management is responsible for managing a team of project managers responsible for managing multiple high visibility, cross functional projects to help successfully launch key strategic initiatives across all COH business units. Interacts closely with executive leadership, business partners, and external vendor partners to effectively balance multiple projects and develop detailed project documentation to include business requirements, project plans, project schedules, workflow solutions, risk mitigation plans, and project status reports/communications.Key Responsibilities include:
- Partners with executive leadership, business and IT project team members to ensure that project delivery aligns with business strategic objectives and priorities
- Manages all ITS aspects of the $2B Facilities Design and Construction portfolio of projects.
- Manages the successful delivery of multiple, multi-year projects with $50M+ budgets, 1-3-year project timelines, and more than 200 key project stakeholders
- Drives project risk management and mitigation through strict governance processes and procedures
- Monitors performance of project delivery to ensure alignment to the approved business case, design, and committed timeline
- Ensures adherence to project schedules; aggressively monitors project budgets; and reallocates resources to avoid budget or schedule variances
- Provides financial metrics, value realization, and other strategic reports for executive leadership, business stakeholders, and IT team
- Collaborates with assigned vendors to build effective relationships and collaborative team environments
- Continually evaluates methods of undertaking and completing projects more efficiently with new programming techniques, different technology platforms, more technically-trained personnel
- Monitors the changing technical environment to stay on trend and ahead of market shifts
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Establishes and communicates a clear set of success criteria for project performance
- Provides clear, consistent, regular communication with project team, executive leadership, and project stakeholders at all levels
- Effectively collaborates with peers and leadership to share resources on critical projects; seeks opportunities to help others' projects by sharing and reallocating team members' priorities and assignments
- Manages a positive, collaborative project team environment that encourages support and success
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- 7 years of experience
- 3+ years of experience managing projects within the healthcare industry
- 3+ years of experience managing individual and roll-up project budgets, resource plans, and risk mitigation strategies for IT and related projects
- senior-level project manager with 7+ years delivering projects at a successful tech corporation or a similar role in a blue-chip company
- Experience managing projects with core teams of at least 75 professionals
- Master's Degree
- PMP Certification or equivalent
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or equivalent
We currently seeking 2 Mgr, ITS Program Management.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.