About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
The IT Program Manager is responsible for leading and managing one or more IT programs or a portfolio of IT projects, interacting closely with internal staff and business partners to effectively develop and deliver project solutions. This position is accountable for the timely completion and quality of all project management deliverables per established IT PMO requirements. This position provides mentorship to project managers within the respective program(s).Key responsibilities include
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Serves as a primary point-of-contact for the assigned program(s)
- Has overall accountability for one or more programs
- Masters BRM with business vertical leaders and stakeholders
- Responsible for oversight of project team in a matrixed organization
- Manages one or more complex programs, including impacts to entire business vertical (Patient Care, Research, etc.) and cross-functional business or ITMasters the ability to resolve complex IT or enterprise issues
- Masters domain knowledge pertaining to respective business verticals
- Manages cross-project dependencies, issues, and risks across all projects within a program as well as across programs
- Partners with business, IT leadership, IT PMO, and assigned IT project manager to ensure project delivery that achieves project goals and objectives within the agreed upon scope, budget, and schedule.
- Manages project change requests needed to adjust schedule, budget, or scope.
- Ensures project managers on the team adhere to project management processes and best practices as defined by IT PMO
- Ensures project managers complete final deliverables that are timely and meet quality and stakeholder expectations
- Conducts program reviews
- Makes recommendations to drive project success, including changing approach, providing feedback on recommended solution, and providing overall guidance to the project team, as needed
- Drives organizational or departmental change management to support project delivery
- Oversees project risk and issue management
- Leads annual Budget Planning process for assigned program(s), working with business, IT leadership, and other impacted areas to define and document potential projects that align with the department's strategic roadmap, including clear scope definitions, develop schedules, and prepare comprehensive project budgets
- Oversees ongoing intake of unbudgeted/unplanned projects throughout the year
- Develops and deliver project metrics or other management reports, as required by leadership and stakeholders
- Manages vendor Statements of Work (SOWs) including the review and approval process
- Collaborates with and builds vendor relationships to ensure participation and meet project objectives
- Serves as resource manager for the program(s)
- Mentors other project managers on the team
- Provides feedback on project manager performance
- Assists in interviewing, recruiting, and onboarding new project team members
- Assists in performance evaluations, promotions, and retention activities
- Drives and execute continuous improvement
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Required Certification/Licensure:Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 years of experience in a project management capacity
- Demonstrated experience managing programs/projects with budgets of $5M+
- Expert-level proficiency managing cross-functional or matrixed teams
- Experience managing integrated work plans
- Experience collaborating with project stakeholders (business and IT), sponsors and team, including vendors, and executive leadership
- Experience in vendor management
- Demonstrated mastery of software delivery methodologies (Agile/Waterfall)
- Proficient using MS Office Suite, including MS Project and Visio.
- Master's degree in related field
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Insert LinkedIn Code Below - change Font color to White