Faculty/REDCap Support Specialist
The Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine at Nova Southeastern University (NSU) in beautiful Fort Lauderdale, Florida is seeking to hire Faculty/REDCap Support Specialist.
Located on a beautiful 300-acre campus in Fort Lauderdale, Nova Southeastern University (NSU) has more than 22,000 students and is the largest independent institution of higher education in Florida. NSU is the largest independent institution of higher education in the Southeast, and it is the 6th largest independent institution nationally. NSU awards associate, bachelor, master, educational specialist, doctoral, and first-professional degrees in a wide range of fields. The university is comprised of undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools of osteopathic medicine, pharmacy, optometry, allied health and nursing, medical sciences, dental medicine, law, marine biology and oceanography, business and entrepreneurship, computer and information sciences, humanities, conflict resolution, family therapy, interdisciplinary studies, education, psychology and counseling, and family programs.
Provides high quality instruction in field of expertise to ensure students meet course outcomes. Collaborates with college staff and colleagues to improve students' learning experience, as well as conducting research or scholarship to advance knowledge. Support the organization’s PHP based web application (REDCAP) in both the research and academic work of KPCOM.
1. Provides high quality instruction in field of expertise, ensuring students meet course outcomes.
2. Plans, evaluates, and revises curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
3. Selects and obtains materials and supplies, including textbooks and laboratory equipment.
4. Prepares materials for laboratory activities and course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
5. Identifies specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
6. Initiates, facilitates, and moderates classroom discussions.
7. Assists students who need extra help with their coursework outside of class.
8. Maintains student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
9. Evaluates and grades students' class work, laboratory and clinic work, assignments, and/or papers.
10. Compiles, administers, and grades examinations, or assigns this work to others.
11. Maintains regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
12. Advises students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues.
13. Acts as advisor to student organizations, ensuring adherence to college and university policies and procedures.
Research & Scholarship:
14. Conducts research and/or scholarly activity in a particular field of knowledge and publishes findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
15. Writes grant proposals to procure external research funding.
16. Reviews papers for publication in journals.
17. Supervises undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
Service & Professional Development:
18. Participates in campus and community events, such as giving presentations to the public.
19. Actively identifies opportunities and provides service relating to fields of expertise for the benefit of internal and external communities.
Administrative Duties - Research Analyst Specialist/Redcap Support:
20. Provides PHP based web application (REDCap) support for Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine faculty and staff research and academic projects.
21. Collaborate with other units in the Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine and Nova Southeastern University to develop and complete projects benefitting faculty and student research and research academics.
22. Writes or contributes to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
23. Serves as trainer and mentor for junior researchers and academicians on REDcap platform.
24. Disseminates regular updates and reports regarding project status.
25. Consults with administration to ensure agreement on system principles.
The successful candidate must have a:
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
Experience with content management systems like REDCap, Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, or Magento.
For additional information and to apply go to https://nsucareers.nova.edu/and reference position #991875.