A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Joseph Francis in the Department of Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, Louisiana State University, Veterinary Medicine. The focus of this position is to study the molecular mechanism of tumor microenvironment in cancer and how to restore anti-tumor immunity in cancer by using natural products. We are seeking highly motivated, energetic, and passionate researchers to join our team.
- 50% - Will study Tcell immunity in cancer models. Data storage and analysis.
- 25% - Will work on the tumor micro environment in breast cancer models.
- 20% - Write manuscripts and grants.
- 5% - Prepare and present results at seminars and meetings. Other duties as assigned.
Ph.D. in related field. Degree substitute: Equivalent doctoral degree with background in immunology, molecular biology, or cancer biology.
A passion for translational science; excellent written and spoken communication skills in English; and an ability to conduct research independently with strong wet lab skills. Experience with flow cytometry, molecular biology techniques, cell culture, murine tumor models, and bioinformatics are preferred.
Special or Physical Qualifications:
Physical Requirements - Required to be cable of standing, walking, or sitting for prolonged periods, bending, reaching above or below the shoulder, vision near sight, and vision far sight.
Additional Application Instructions:
- Please provide your cover letter, resume, and three professional references including name, title, phone number and e-mail address. A copy of your transcript(s) may be attached to your application (if available). However, original transcripts are required prior to hire.
- Please attach ALL required documents under the "Resume/CV" section of your application.
- Background Check - An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
- Benefits - LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
LSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. To learn more about how LSU is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see LSU’s Diversity Statement and Roadmap. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resource Management (firstname.lastname@example.org).
COVID-19 Vaccine Protocol:
LSU requires the COVID-19 vaccine for all students, faculty, and staff or mandatory monthly testing. New employees must either submit proof of vaccination within three (3) days of their official start date, otherwise they will be entered into the mandatory monthly testing protocol beginning in November 2021.
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu