Interested in learning more about cancer? Want to be a part of our dynamic team of researchers dedicated to the study of cancer? Come join the Kalluri Laboratory to learn how to perform experiments and develop skills in laboratory operations. Cancer Biology Department The Kalluri Laboratory
The primary purpose of the Research Assistant I
is to provide technical assistance in either: animal experiments, tissue processing and immunohistochemistry or exosomes enrichment and molecular biology.
Duties will include assistance with organizing reagents and samples, and assistance with general laboratory duties including ordering lab reagents, consumables and receiving shipments. The position requires independent decision-making, judgment and high organizational skills. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining safety standards in the laboratory.KEY FUNCTIONSAnimal Husbandry / Tissue Processing / Molecular Biology
The Research Assistant will receive training toward, and provide assistance toward either 1 of the 3 tasks:
- Animal experiments: ear tagging of mice, tail clipping of mice, DNA extraction, PCR analysis, and interpretation of genotyping results.
- Tissue processing and immunohistochemistry: utilization of a tissue processor to embed tissues, cut sections, and perform immunohistochemistry staining of tissue for microscopic evaluation
- Exosomes enrichment and molecular biology: processing conditioned media from cultured cells, operate ultracentrifuges and other equipment in the quality control of exosomes production.
Other day to day activities include, common to each of the 3 tasks listed above include:
- Efficiently maintain inventory
- Maintain scientific records
- Organize data collected
- Attend weekly laboratory meeting.
- Assists the laboratory manager with laboratory maintenance tasks (laboratory inspections, inventory review, ordering storage of inventory
- Assist and/or training other personnel in the laboratory.
- Other duties as assigned
Required: Bachelor's degree, major course work in one of the basic sciences.Experience
Required: No experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html