- Performs cell culture of tumor cell lines and 3D tissue-engineered cultures based on polymeric scaffolds for organotypic tumor growth in vitro
- Performs immunofluorescence experiments
- Performs basic imaging bioluminescence experiments of small animals independently and analyzes data
- Operates independently a state-of-the-art multiphoton and confocal microscopes to acquire bone images
- Independently performs analysis
- Basic knowledge on software and macro programming (e.g. ImageJ, Matlab) and image stitching and post processing preferred
- Optional: knowledge on CAD design of hardware, basic knowledge of cancer cell biology
- Communicates information:
- Must be able to communicate results to and understand instructions from the supervisors and coworkers.
- Clear and accurate communication in English both face-to-face and over the telephone is required.
- A willingness to cooperate with other staff, students, fellows and visitors is essential.
- Computer literacy (other than above):
- Needs to be capable of generating electronic versions of data and images for analysis and presentation. Experience in cloud-based image and data management is preferred.
- Laboratory Inventory management:
- Must be able to manage inventories and order material for the laboratory in a timely fashion. Must work with department members and collaborators to ensure the consistent flow of information and quality control.
Conduct Library Work:
- Reads and understands articles related to ongoing technical research.
- Must be able to assemble instruments, samples, reagents, dry or wet ice, data and packaging materials.
- Draft a cover letter, accurately and legibly fill out shipping labels
- Carry package to receiving area on ground floor prior to carrier pickup.
- Keep accurate and legible logs of outgoing and incoming packages.
- For incoming packages: ascertain contents, store at appropriate location, file information sheets and notify principal investigator.
- Update pertinent inventory logs and patient tissue logs in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Performs related work as required.
Bachelor's degree, major course work in one of the basic sciences. No experience. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html