The Principal Staff Scientist manages research staff. Determines specific goals or objectives to be obtained, evaluates research data and develops and revises techniques or approaches to work. Responsible for laboratory equipment and implementing safety procedures. Presents findings of research projects and prepares scientific documents for publication. May apply for grants with institutional approval.
1. Plans, coordinates, directs, and participates in scientific research projects involving immunotherapy and NK CAR cells
2. Oversees the quality of the outcome reporting and population of databases with hematopoietic stem cells
3. Actively prepares and submits for presentation and peer-reviewed publication abstracts and manuscripts related to research outcomes.
4. Assigns and reviews work of subordinates, determines specific goals or objectives to be attained, evaluates resulting research data, and revises techniques or approaches to work problems.
5. Plans and supervises the training of technicians and other laboratory personnel with respect to proper laboratory techniques, the use of laboratory equipment and safety procedures.
6. Operation of the flow cytometers, cell sorters and microscopes within the research lab. Supervise, design, develop or adapt equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results.
Required: PhD in one of the natural sciences or related field or Medical degree.
Required: Five years of experience in experimental or scientific work.
Preferred: Immunotherapy experience is critical.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html