The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research, and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
* Participate in scientific research projects and assist lab members with experiments as required.
* Perform a wide variety of standard molecular biology laboratory procedures.
* Manage frozen cell line inventories, perform cell culture work to maintain cell line stocks.
* Prepare general lab reagents for laboratory researchers on a regular basis.
* Compile, write and submit experimental results to researchers in the lab and to supervisor.
* Laboratory safety/laboratory equipment maintenance
* Adjust and adapt laboratory equipment to obtain accurate research results.
* Clean and maintain lab equipment on a regular basis. Defrost freezers as needed.
* Communicates with external entities for scheduling equipment service.
* Point of contact for Critical Alarms for laboratory equipment.
* Assist PI with management of Laboratory emergency plan.
* Maintain lab safety records, prepare the lab for periodic safety inspections, and keep the lab chemical inventory up to date with institutional requirements.
*Use laboratory knowledge and expertise to identify and resolve laboratory operational issues and report to supervisor and lab PI to resolve problems.
* Create and Manage Facilities/Work Control Requests
* Create shipment labels and organize shipments for sending or receiving. Manage such shipments.
* Order general lab chemicals, glassware/plasticware as required and work with lab members to manage inventories of all lab supplies.
* Assist supervisor and lab PI with other lab and administrative work as required.
* Recycle biohazard waste on a regular basis and submit glassware/plasticware for autoclaving.
* Participate and/or conducts new employee orientations, and provides training as required.
* Collects quotations for purchasing based on anticipated work-load.
* Attend and participate in department meetings, interact with department Laboratory manager and assist PI with implementation of departmental protocols.
Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Preferred: Master's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Required: Three years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. With preferred degree, one year of required experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html