About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
City of Hope is one of the world's leading comprehensive cancer treatment and research facilities. Our mission is focused on transforming the future of health, turning science into practical benefits, and hope into a reality. Our vision puts City of Hope at the center of eliminating cancer and diabetes, and through integrated networks of scientific innovation and deeply personalized care, we strive to bring tomorrow's discoveries to the people who need them today.
City of Hope has established the Office of Transformation, which is designed to lift the organization to realize its vision by partnering with leaders across the enterprise to drive and support our most important strategic priorities and key initiatives, as well as deliver an organizational culture of speed, focus, connectedness and enterprise. This team supports activities such as organizational strategy, operating model design, journey and change support, project management, process improvement, strategic planning, and strategic initiative performance management.
Reporting to the Director or Senior Manager, the Transformation Manager will oversee and lead teams in the successful execution of a portfolio of initiatives related to one or more of the organization's strategic objectives. This role will focus on one or more of the following in their execution of initiatives: change strategy, leadership alignment, organizational change & culture, strategic portfolio management through best practices in project management and/or process improvement processes and methodology.
The successful candidate has a proven track record of leading complex, enterprise-wide transformation projects or complex, cross-functional programs.
A strong Transformation Manager should be able to:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage project teams across a portfolio of initiatives to ensure milestones are delivered on schedule and business objectives are met
- Identify interdependencies between projects in a portfolio and ensure risks are mitigated
- Break down complex concepts and clearly articulate and communicate concepts to stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate a track record of designing and executing work streams with a focus on change strategy and management; operating model experience is considered a plus
- Demonstrate a track record of designing and managing programs with multiple projects and work streams; process improvement or strategic initiative planning
- Identify and develop training curriculums for the Organization Transformation team and mentor team members to build skills and continue their career progression
- Develop and deliver training programs on core Organization Transformation capabilities and methodologies to equip the enterprise to manage smaller, less complex future projects
- Inspire and coach Organization Transformation team members and enterprise stakeholders to develop capabilities and engage positively in transformation activities
- Build credibility and become an effective trusted advisor and confidant of key decision makers
- Understand and effectively deliver best practices, tools and templates across program management, PI & change management; model best practices for enterprise stakeholders
- Partner effectively across the P&ET vertical to deliver collaboratively to the business
- Measure effectiveness of service offerings and address opportunities and feedback through targeted improvement initiatives
- Understand the enterprise vision and objectives and ensure projects are aligned
- Oversee portfolio initiatives and provide guidance for teams to reach milestones and successfully complete deliverables
- Mentor junior resources on the team to reach current and future team success
- Manage enterprise clients and drives towards desired business outcomes
- Organize and facilitate internal team and stakeholder meetings
- Drive team development activities
- Participate in self-development efforts (i.e. training)
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelors Degree
- 6+ years of consulting, process improvement, program management office, and/or other relevant experience
- MBA or Masters
- Consulting firm experience preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- 2 openings
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.