About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary:
The Transaction and Integration Manager will manage and lead high visibility, complex transaction and integration efforts and provide internal consulting services in support of various process improvement and analytic efforts stemming from the Enterprise Growth and Innovation.This position will:
- Lead transaction efforts across the transaction lifecycle from assessment through close until handoff to operations.
- Assessment and presentation of recommended options for consideration by senior/executive leaders, including operational readiness assessments
- Engages in strategic dialogue with senior leaders to understand operational needs and goals for new growth/optimization opportunities
- Development of clinical programs and assessments for determination of space needs and fit in new builds
- Packages and validates inputs to business case development and ensures accuracy and appropriateness of documented methodology and assumptions
- Development/maintenance of standards for new build development and renovations
- Understands the business, acts as a thought partner/advisor, influences decisions, and can navigate politically sensitive situations; exhibits strong executive presence
- Engages with leadership to value engineer and optimize processes and functions for greater efficiency
- Prepare executive-level status reports and risk assessments of transactions, recognize interdependencies and potential impact to critical path / operations
- Supports the development of and maintains changes in business processes, and understands business process of cross-functional teams and how they relate to transaction and integration efforts
- Strong ability to highlight and discuss sensitive strategic challenges and recommends positive change outcomes, lead others through influence and collaboration for deeper engagement
- Create, manage and execute project workstream work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of transaction and integration project work streams and scope.
- Review deliverables prepared by team.
- Effectively apply transaction and integration methodology and enforce standards.
- Minimize exposure and risk associated with transactions and integrations.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Effectively manages activities stemming from the business development opportunity pipeline and other critical strategic projects/initiatives.
Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with executives, and other key stakeholders such as potential acquisition targets. This position requires an entrepreneurial thinker with superior program management skills, excellent presentation and communication skills, the ability to oversee and lead multiple active integration efforts in varying size and scope, and can thrive in a changing dynamic setting to meet the needs of the enterprise. In addition, the position requires an incumbent who employs tact and discretion, critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and is detail-oriented, motivated, self-directed, confident, and a self-starter. Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Leads transaction and integration management initiatives
- Effectively facilitates regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps workstream team well informed of changes within the project.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors and presents material used for critical decision-making
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Effectively manages and facilitates all TMO/IMO-related functions of workstream.
- Analyzes and synthesizes available information to assist in decision-making.
- Keeps track of action items and follows up to completion.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Reviews status reports with director and team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Works directly alongside external advisors to coordinate all related analysis needed
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Manages the development of complex, strategic data analysis through integration of data from a variety of internal and external information sources.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Keeps abreast of current healthcare issues by attending appropriate meetings and reviewing current literature.
- Develops and updates integration methodology regularly
- Mentors and coaches staff within division.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years' experience in a healthcare setting with prior experience inconsulting, complex program management, and/or operations.
- Prior experience demonstrating effective communication skills andinterpersonal relation skills. Transaction and M&A experience a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite (PPT, XLS, Vizio, Project)
Preferred education experience and skills:
- PMP or Lean certification
- Preferably MHA, MPH or MBA
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.