About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will be responsible for supporting and leading low to medium complexity sourcing and procurement projects for Capital Equipment, Facilities Services, Medical and Laboratory Supplies and various other categories of spend associated with a medical and research organization. Successful candidates must be self-starters who can effectively contend with ambiguity, communicate clearly and have a proven track record of delivering results. Experience should include, but not be limited to, data analytics, product category management, supplier relationship management and development, commercial negotiations, procurement process management and improvement, opportunity analytics, and a clear working knowledge of current supply chain management trends.
The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will be an advocate for product standardization will look for opportunities to get the best value at the best price. The Analyst is expected to work persuasively with users to consider alternate products to attain better economics including consolidating demand versus purchasing items on a "one-off" basis. The Analyst will work across organization lines to find sourcing opportunities that may not be seen by a single entity. Is responsible for all needs identified by customers (user departments) including specification of supplies and equipment, placing and expediting orders, securing installation and delivery as well as assuring proper payment by Accounts Payable. This role includes working with operational stakeholders across City of Hope, participation with other teams on strategic integration and implementation efforts in support of Supply Chain initiatives. Incumbent will be required to negotiate as necessary and responsible for making purchases that are in the best interest of the organization. The nature of the job demands that the Analyst is able to act in an independent nature and make crucial decisions during the process and act as a liaison and maintain close contact and relationship between the customer and supply partners. Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Develop comprehensive strategic sourcing plans. Gather information for internal data discovery, scope and specification development, market due diligence, and perform alternative source development RFI's and RFP's
- Create, publish and evaluate RFP's using Best-in-Class sourcing tools,
- Establish negotiation plans with clearly defined desired outcomes and strategic goals.
- Negotiate agreements with manufacturers, distributors, and service providers, either singly or as part of a team, to complete supplier agreements.
- Execute operationally complex sourcing activities
- Measure supplier performance against key business objectives. Participate in formal supplier business reviews as part of the overall Supplier Relations Management process, including but not limited to supplier evaluation, supplier audits and other related activities.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement through cost reduction and performance improvement, involving suppliers as required.
- Develop compelling business case/analysis to drive meaningful change in process, supplier or material as appropriate, to meet sourcing/strategic objectives.
- Manage and achieve savings targets.
- Proactively seek new opportunities and/or to optimize current agreements to drive efficiency and cost savings.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in supply chain management, business administration, or other related field.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years relevant experience in procurement, sourcing or similar supply chain role with contract negotiation experience.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.