***Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this position is to recruit for on-going and future positions.***About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.Position Summary
Processes supplies, instruments and equipment. Restocks and maintains storage of supplies and case cart system. Assists in other departmental functions/duties as needed or directed to assure safe, effective, efficient, speedy patient care.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:Minimum Education:
- Processes instruments, supplies and equipment according to established policies and procedures.
- Maintains an adequate supply of packs and supplies to meet area needs including inventory control, proper labeling and labeling of packages.
- Responsible for reporting faulty equipment and deficiencies in procedures.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician or 1 year sterile processing experience in an acute care setting.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Pref. Certification/Licensure:
- Maintains knowledge in surgical and medical technology through in-services/courses.
- CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician).
- Previous experience in central supply operations. Knowledge of instrumentation and sterilization and case cart systems.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
***Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this position is to recruit for on-going and future positions.***