About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary:
Performs full advanced clerical, administrative, and general office duties. Typically reports to a position responsible for a major function. Business contacts include persons at all levels within the organization, industry, and community. Manages complex calendars, schedules meeting and appointments for senior management. Gathers data, summarizes and develops custom reports. Works independently with minimal supervision and requiring no instructions on routine work and limited instructions on new assignments.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Organizes & expedites flow of work through administrator's office; initiating follow up action as appropriate.
- Resolves routine and some complex inquiries and fulfills requests from internal & external business contacts using knowledge of division/department & organization policies & procedures.
- Formats, types & edits a variety of complex or technical material, including correspondence, memos, reports, presentations and confidential material.
- Schedules appointments & meetings; coordinates meetings & agenda materials. Makes arrangements for meetings/ conferences/travel for department personnel.
- Prepares & distributes minutes of meetings.
- Establishes, maintains & has frequent access to confidential files, logs & records.
- Assists in planning & organizing special projects.
- May utilize assistance of lower level secretarial or clerical employees on a project basis.
- 2 years post high school trade, business or professional school Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 3-5 years.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.