About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
The Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition manages the day to day function and related activities for assigned client groups within City of Hope's Talent Acquisition department. The Sr. Manager establishes relationships with key stakeholders across the institution to understand their strategic and operational plans, ensuring recruiters are proactively pipelining top talent for current/future staffing needs. The incumbent will proactively develop and implement innovative and effective recruitment strategies and will build and implement efficient processes which achieve a world-class experience for applicants, candidates and hiring managers. The position provides thought leadership, direction and performance coaching to enhance capabilities of the recruitment team. The Sr. Manager will develop and leverage best practices to meet and exceed defined metrics, goals and ensures compliance with AA/EEO requirements. He/she will serve as a point of contact for suppliers and recruitment placement firms and will negotiate, execute and renew contracts as required. The Senior Manager develops and tracks reports and HR metrics to measure performance and ROI. The position reports to the Executive Director, Talent Acquisition.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Staff Management - Provides the leadership, and direction that builds a high-performance Recruitment team. Ensures information is shared with staff and meets regularly with staff. Provides ongoing development and coaching feedback and conducts performance reviews. Hires and terminates staff as needed. Ensures the attainment of objectives through the selection, development, motivation, evaluation, and promotion of department staff.
- Recruitment Operations - Drives customized approaches to supplement traditional sourcing methods. Networks with other organizations and groups to target new sources for talent. Works toward elimination of contract labor where applicable. Oversees the recruitment advertising design, campaign, and media plans for areas of oversight. Ensures consistent institution image and branding throughout recruiting campaigns and processes. Continually aligns team and adapts processes and practices to address evolving organizational needs, industry trends, and best practices. Functions as a strategic partner in workforce planning and major workforce initiatives. Manages contractual relationships with placement agencies, contract recruiters and third party-providers.
- Metrics - Establishes and achieves metrics that drive lower vacancy rates, improved retention rates, improved service delivery, quicker time to fill, and stronger returns on investments. Develops ongoing qualitative measures to assess individual and department effectiveness. Provides insight and opportunities for improvement by reviewing data pertaining to the reasons for turnover for all employees and use that information to refine recruitment processes. Maintains, utilizes and analyzes metrics and reporting. Evaluates and sets strong measures of success in assessing the organization's and individual recruiter's quality, speed, cost, hiring manager and new employee satisfaction and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Employment Regulatory Compliance - Add/modify existing polices to ensure compliance with affirmative action requirements, EEOC, federal and CA state laws, joint commission requirements, and union contracts.
- Leadership Relationship Management - Establishes and maintains relationships with key business partners and leaders throughout the organization to understand and address their staffing needs, challenges, and concerns. Develops and implements proactive communication processes that keep customers and leadership informed. Ability to integrate staffing programs and approaches into overall HR strategy through effective partnerships within the department.
- Budget Management -Approves, oversees and ensures adherence to operating budget for assigned areas of oversight.
- Recruiting - Performs fully cycle recruitment functions for assigned client groups as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have at least 7+ years of progressive experience sourcing and recruiting diverse talent in an academic research or biotechnology organization.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a management capacity overseeing staff in Talent Acquisition.
- Demonstrated knowledge in several of the following: workforce planning, employment branding, applicant tracking, behavioral interviewing, LEAN/six sigma practices, retention strategies, staffing vendor management (contingency, contract, and retained), college recruitment, workforce development.
- Strong understanding of social media and demonstrated strategies implementing social media usage for sourcing and building diverse talent pipelines.
- Experience supporting multiple clients with multiple priorities; adapting to competing and changing priorities required.
- Experience developing and tracking reports such as budgets and HR metrics to track performance and ROI.
- Experience with affirmative action requirements, EEOC, federal and CA state laws, joint commission requirements, and union contracts required.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Microsoft Excel.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.