About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Under minimum supervision applies broad knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures to prepare tax returns for Parent Corporation and volunteer chapters. Uses computer to input, retrieve, maintain, tax data and generate reports. Provides assistance and backup to the Tax & Licensing Director and represents the department as requested in the Director's absence.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Prepares and coordinates chapter returns.
- Prepares trust tax returns.
- Prepares sales tax returns for City of Hope Parent Corporation, Medical Center, Beckman Research
- Institute and Chapter Thrift Shops.
- Prepares organization benefit plan returns (Form 5500).
- Computes and records trust accounting.
- Coordinates the bank records reconciliation with outside agency.
- Coordinates new trust and gift annuity checklists.
- Monitors in-kind gifts. Coordinates form 8283 with donors for accuracy. Files form 8282 with
- Internal Revenue Service when appropriate.
- Deposits trust payments into bank accounts.
- Maintains professional growth and development and keeps abreast of latest trends in area of
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance
- improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines. Practices a high
- level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- In the absence of the Director, assigns, monitors and reviews the work of the Tax Assistant and Tax Licensing Specialist.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree.Experience may substitute for minimum education requirement.
- 3 - 5 years experience working as an accountant preferably in a tax environment.
- Balance figures
- Compile data/statistics
- Input data into computer programs
- Prepare reports
- 10-key by touch
- Excellent organizational skills
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.