About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
City of Hope has established the Office of Transformation, which is designed to lift the organization to realize its vision by partnering with leaders across the enterprise to drive and support our most important strategic priorities and key initiatives, as well as deliver an organizational culture of speed, focus, connectedness and enterprise. This team supports activities such as large-scale program management, operating model design, enterprise readiness & integration and change strategy, strategic planning, and performance management of enterprise initiatives.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Organizational Transformation, the Senior Manager, Organization Effectiveness & Change Strategy will oversee and lead teams in the successful execution of a portfolio of initiatives related to one or more of the organization's strategic objectives. This role will focus on one or more of the following in their execution of initiatives: enterprise readiness & integration, change strategy, leadership alignment, organizational change & culture, organizational strategy and operating model design. This individual will bring and apply best practices and methods in change and operating model methods, and deep expertise is managing large, multi-year, complex transformational initiatives.
The characteristics of a strong Senior Manager, Organization Effectiveness & Change Strategy include:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Passion for our Mission and Vision, and the possibilities ahead
- Expertise in operating model design and enterprise readiness & integration, and change strategy & management
- A proven track record in designing and deploying enterprise readiness & integration, change strategy and operating model frameworks
- Prior experience in leadership alignment, organizational change & culture, organizational strategy
- Ability to effectively and clearly articulate the case for enterprise readiness & integration, change strategy and operating model to stakeholders across all levels of the enterprise
- Ability to identify operating model implications at the beginning and during the execution of strategic initiatives
- High emotional intelligence when facilitating alignment between senior leaders
- Ability to build credibility and trust with key decision makers and be regarded as an expert advisor
- Develop curriculum and deliver training on operating model and enterprise readiness & change for the Organization Transformation team; mentor and coach team members to build skills and continue their career progression
- Inspire and coach Organization Transformation team members and enterprise stakeholders to develop capability and engage positively in transformation activities
- Understand both the Enterprise vision and Organization Transformation's vision and objectives and help to identify where Transformation activities need to align better
- A track record of managing project teams to deliver business objectives, and milestones on time and on budget
- Ability to identify synergies and interdependencies between portfolio projects and initiatives, and effectively mitigate risks and navigate through interdependencies
- Maintain project assignments, monitor workloads and resources to meet portfolio objectives
- Frequently reassess projects within the portfolio scope to ensure projects are carried out according to established plan and budget
- Partner effectively across the P&ET vertical to deliver collaboratively to the business
- Measure effectiveness of service offerings and address opportunities and feedback through targeted improvement initiatives
- Provides direction and leadership, serving as a resource to staff on projects
- Oversees delivery of portfolio projects to support business readiness focused on, but not limited to enterprise readiness & integration, change strategy and operating model offerings
- Effectively balances complex issues, risks, and execution strategies to deliver complex portfolios successfully; Manages and monitors deployment of resources and workloads to meet portfolio objectives and business readiness
- Mentor junior resources to reach current and future team success, focused on but not limited to enterprise readiness & integration, change strategy and operating model design
- Identifies the people, process and systems (not IT systems) capabilities required to move initiatives forward; Assesses, selects and tailors the appropriate tools required to meet the needs and objectives for each initiative
- Supports development and refinement of enterprise readiness & integration, change strategy and operating model design thought leadership, methods, tools and templates.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelors Degree
- 5-8 years of experience in operating model and change strategy
- Team leadership experience
- Track record of delivery and expertise in operating model and enterprise readiness & change strategy preferred
- Experience of delivering on large scale transformational programs preferred
- Consulting firm experience preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Demonstrated history of effective leadership, building and developing high performing teams, establishing performance standards, and transitioning staff through organizational change
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.