About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.** This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. You may sit at any of the 48 States. Must be willing to work Pacific Hours **Position Summary
Systems Analyst are expected to work with Business, Clinical and IT stakeholder in reviewing optimization request and requirements to maintain configuration UI(Client/Web) on Endpoints, Servers and Databases by planning, collaborating, configuring, testing, implementing and supporting assigned Clinical Ancillary Systems (CAS).
Systems Analyst are also expected to be proactive in keeping systems, processes and documentation up-to-date while working with the various stakeholders and IT teams to complete assigned tasks, processes request, and other needed follow up items.
Systems Analyst will address and provide timely notification about at-risk milestones, deliverables, and issues to fellow SME's on CAS Team and Management for any Incidents, Enhancements, Work Orders and Projects.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Analyzes, develops, configures, tests and implements Electronic Health Record (EHR) software and related analytics, with minimal supervision.
- Acts as user liaison between clinical or business departments and Information Systems; providing domain expertise and experience for multiple interacting healthcare departments.
- Performs system configuration functions using online architectural tools with minimal supervision.
- Works closely with operational stakeholders to properly engineer workflow.
- Produces user requested reports utilizing special features on designated systems.
- Oversees maintenance of the assigned EHR modules.
- Interfaces with designated software vendor personnel to recommend and coordinate various enhancements, changes, and resolutions to software problems.
- Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solutions.
- Prepares detailed program specifications and flowcharts, and coordinates the system's installation with the user department.
- Analyzes user-reported problems to determine corrective action.
- Provides status reports to management when required.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Ensures department documentation is at current levels.
- Governance, Change Management, Project, Incident, Access
- Other Duties as Assigned
Preferred education experience and skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- 5 years of Healthcare Information Technology experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 5 years of experience in a Clinical IT Healthcare an acute care setting with previous design, planning, and implementation of Clinical Systems listed below is preferred:
- Surgical Instrument Tracking
- Acuities and Nurse Scheduling
- Credentialing and Case Management
- Nuance Dragon Medical One, EScription
- Rounds+ (previously Marbella)
- Investigational Drug Service (IDS)
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.