About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.Position Summary
The HRIS Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, coordination and monitoring of enterprise projects within the HR program portfolio with specific focus on HR services/operations and applications. The HRIS Project Manager effectively interfaces with all levels of staff and management. This role partners with IT, HR and stakeholders across the business to implement initiatives within a fast-paced, growing organization. It is a multi-disciplinary position that requires project management, human resources experience, analytical and functional knowledge using HRIS systems and the application of strong PM methodology. The role is also responsible for handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively, in a Healthcare/Lifesciences or similar environment.Key Responsibilities include:
- Serve as project lead on selected assignments with the support of the HRIS and Total Rewards Leaders with effective contributions in building project roadmaps and presentations.
- Develop, refine, validate and manage HR project plans to ensure on time and on budget delivery of HR initiatives across the enterprise.
- Partner with business and application owners to outline scope, deliverables, quality, timeline and resources needed for project implementations.
- Schedule and effectively facilitate regular status meetings with project team. Provide timely and concise communications to project teams and HR leadership regarding project status, decisions, risks and issues.
- Analyze processes and make recommendations for risk mitigation, issue resolution, decisions, optimizing resources and product delivery.
- Collaborate with HRIS Director and managers in development and tracking of HR Shared services activities and related metrics.
- Determine stakeholder groups who will be affected by new process implementation to define success and develop change management needs accordingly.
- Contribute to the development and adoption of project practices and tools within HR, including but not limited to creation of project intake processes, templates and workflows.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of years of experience in leading and managing HRIS and HR projects.
- Experience in managing HR and related policy/product/feature implementations and organizational restructures or expansions around systems.
- Experience in managing projects with focus on PeopleSoft HCM/Benefits, Taleo ATS, Cornerstone or comparable HR platforms; Prior experience demonstrating effective communication skills and interpersonal relation skills.
- Project Management (PMP) Methodologies
- Agile Methodologies
- Project Management Professional designation (PMI) and/or APM for Agile;
- Certifications in process optimization such as Six Sigma, Lean, CQIA or other nationally recognized program
- Experience in managing projects around HR Service delivery processes and platforms such as HR case and knowledge management tools. Project management experience in Healthcare/Life Sciences industry.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Excellent organizational navigation and agility skills.
- Foster/promote a positive image and professional appearance.
- Superior project management, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, whether in-person or virtually.
- Employ tact and discretion and is motivated, self-directed, confident and a self-starter.
- Ability to prioritize and organize short-term and long-term responsibilities in response to changing demands.
- Ability to work across multiple functional areas and with many diverse user communities
- MS Office 365 suite, including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, MS Project.
- Experience working with portfolio/project management tools such as Smartsheet and similar tools.
To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.