About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
A California registered technician who under the supervision of a Pharmacist, packages, prepares and compounds Oral medications, Intravenous medications and Chemotherapy/Biohazard medications. Maintains control procedures, performs inventory and stock control. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel. Experience with Pyxis Automated Dispensing Cabinet preferred.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:Minimum Education:
- Ensures efficient and productive operation of assigned work location.
- Performs technician functions accurately and thoroughly.
- Acts as a liaison with nursing and medical staff concerning basic pharmaceutical information to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Assists the pharmacist in billing pharmaceuticals.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff. Fosters the development of teamwork within the department while meeting the needs of departments being served.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess a situation, consider the alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Completes written documentation.
- High School or equivalent
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training
- Or graduation from a foreign School of Pharmacy
- One year performing related duties or graduation from a Pharmacy Technician training program.
- Pharmacy Technician program.
- Registered by Pharmacy Board.
- Experience with Automated Dispensing Cabinets, Pyxis Medstation system, preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
- Per Diem
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.