About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Position Summary
Provides professional nursing care as assigned; coordinates care planning with other disciplines to maintain multi-disciplinary approach. Performs all duties within the scope of licensure utilizing the nursing process. Acts as a patient advocate in all ethical and legal aspects. Under the general supervision of the Clinical Nursing Resource Manager and unit based nurse managers, this positon floats to inpatient and outpatient units across the Duarte campus and is responsible to provide care to assigned patients based on unit specific staffing requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Utilizes the City of Hope nursing process in clinical practice, which includes: assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation and documentation.
- Administers and controls narcotics and medications.
- Assists all members of the health care team with examinations, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Responsible for triaging, assessing, implementing and evaluating a plan of care for patients, visitors and employees.
- Provides health care instruction to patient and family members.
- Provides telephone advice to patients using developed protocols and nursing judgment.
- Consults and collaborates with other disciplines, as required, and adjusts care plan as necessary to ensure optimal patient care.
- Maintains patient charts to ensure an accurate record of the patient's medical treatment.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Demonstrates a level of professional practice that supports the delivery of appropriate care and positive working relationships.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending inservice meetings, and workshops.
- If hired prior to 5/1/2012: Graduate from nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. If hired on/after 5/1/2012: Graduate from nursing school with a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Must have 1-3 years of experience in an acute care setting and/or outpatient setting.
Preferred education, experience and skills:
- Must have a current and valid California RN license.
- Must have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Card through American Heart Association
- ACLS and PALS (must be from the American Heart Association).
- Oncology, Hematology, Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)
- Shift: Nights
- Per Diem
- This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.