About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) is an individual who possess the skills and knowledge necessary to deliver specific patient care services to selected patients at the direction of and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The PCT actively supports the efforts of the health care team through the delivery of services in a prompt, accurate and courteous manner.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Provides accurate, reliable, courteous and timely services to all customers.
- Draws blood in accordance with physician order using appropriate techniques and equipment.
- Delivers in a knowledgeable consistent and skillful manner under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.
- Demonstrates competence appropriate to their role and function in high risk and/or problem prone behaviors.
- Delivers patient care in a manner consistent with the scope of practice of their discipline and the standards established by City of Hope as expressed in the plans for provision of care and policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge and awareness of organizational and regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Participates in a collaborative, empowered work environment as demonstrated through teamwork.
- Effectively communicates with all customers and team members to meet organizational goals and to provide customer satisfaction.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills through attendance and participation in organizational and departmental meetings and continuing education activities.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by appropriate and timely use of organizational resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement activities to continuously improve service delivery.
- Demonstrates City of Hope values in individual work performance.
High School Graduate or equivalent plus one of the following:
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant with active license/certificate or
- Medical Assistant with active license/certificate
- Candidate will be required to maintain active license during employment in the role.
1 year as a PCA, MA or CNA in an acute care settingRequired Certification/Licensure:
Preferred education experience and skills:Additional Information:
- AHA BLS Certification
- State of California Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) active or in process. Upon receipt of certificate, must maintain active status during employment in the role.
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.