City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.Position Summary
The Patient Care Assistant (PCA) is an individual who possess the skills and knowledge necessary to deliver specific patient care services to selected patients at the direction of and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The PCA actively supports the efforts of the health care team through the delivery of services in a prompt, accurate and courteous manner.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Provides accurate, reliable, courteous and timely services to all customers.
- Delivers in a knowledgeable consistent and skillful manner under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.
- Demonstrates competence appropriate to their role and function in high risk and/or problem prone behaviors.
- Delivers patient care in a manner consistent with the scope of practice of their discipline and the standards established by City of Hope as expressed in the plans for provision of care and policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge and awareness of organizational and regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Participates in a collaborative, empowered work environment as demonstrated through teamwork.
- Effectively communicates with all customers and team members to meet organizational goals and to provide customer satisfaction.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills through attendance and participation in organizational and departmental meetings and continuing education activities.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by appropriate and timely use of organizational resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement activities to continuously improve service delivery.
- Demonstrates City of Hope values in individual work performance.
High School Graduate or equivalent plus o ne of the following:
Required Certification/Licensure:Additional Information:
- Non-licensed graduate of a Registered NurseorLicenses Vocational (LVN) program; or
- Enrollment in an approved RN program and completion of at least one medical surgical clinical rotation;or
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant
To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.