Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this position is to recruit for on-going and future positions.About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.Position Summary
Performs a variety of technical duties to assist with surgical and/or endoscopic procedures. Assists in maintenance of supply levels, cleaning and decontamination of equipment and instruments.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:Minimum Education
- Assists surgeons during operative/invasive procedure, assuring that necessary supplies, instruments, and equipment are ready and/or available and anticipates such needs.
- Maintains sterile techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in sterile technique.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and unit care data.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Pref. Minimum Experience
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 2 - 3 years experience scrubbing major and/or endoscopic cases in a hospital setting.
Req. Certification/LicensurePref. Certification/Licensure
- Maintains knowledge in surgical and medical technology throughinservices/courses.
- Surgical/Endoscopic Technologist Certification.
- There are multiple positions
- Day & Night Shift available
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.