About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.Position Summary
This position serves to support the Director in using advanced analytics techniques to mine data, build models test hypotheses, develop actionable insights and strategic recommendations that will provide a quantitative basis to help and City of Hope achieve its goals. The successful candidate must be able to "comb through the weeds without getting lost" and skillfully identify what's important in order to answer relevant business question while supporting the long-term vision of Market Intelligence and MarComm. This position will work in a highly matrixed environment with Marketing and Communications, Enterprise Growth & Innovation, Finance, Corporate Strategy, Enterprise Business Intelligence and among others.
Additionally, the manager will maintain and leverage all data sources (Google Analytics, Snowflakes, data warehouse, agencies and government data) to build dashboards, produce analyses to track and measure the effectiveness and efficiency of programs from consumer marketing/digital/social media and physician referral.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Use advanced analytics to help build models to discover deeper insights and make meaningful recommendations
- Identify business opportunities through market assessment, quantitative analysis, and qualitative research
- Develops test matrices using statistically valid principles. Develop and maintain a portfolio of dashboards, reports, and scorecards to monitor ongoing marketing efforts by leveraging a myriad of data sources (Google Analytics, data warehouse, Snowplow, multiple agencies, and government data)
- Drive business results with data storytelling and visualization through deep understanding of internal data and third-party data sources
- Analyze multi-channel programs for effectiveness and ROIs including, but not limited to marketing campaigns (consumer and physician), digital and social media tactics
- Oversee all data maintenance and operational work to ensure highest data quality
- Deliver & present market intelligence work to cross-functional teams confidently
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or related field.
- Must have at least 7 years of proven experience in marketing analytics, digital analytics, consulting, strategy or a related discipline.
- Some Health Care experience - physician and patient marketing preferred. Familiarity and experience working with Market Research and Marketing Budgets a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency, formal training in digital analytics and / or certifications in one or more Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) is preferred
- Experience with SAS, SQL, R and Python
- Present complex information in a logical and understandable format to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Problem-solving aptitude, attention to detail
- Superb analytical skills and organizational abilities
- Demonstrated ability to identify process issues and drive improvement
- Ability to analyze/present findings objectively and not be clouded by internal biases
- Business results oriented
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. LI:RA