About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Performs duties of a complex, technical, and/or specialized nature to support department function. Works independently and has a detailed knowledge of the department's activities and procedures. Assists management with administration of Hospitality and Food and Beverage management program, including staffing, service delivery and program quality for the Duarte Campus, Community Practice sites, Orange County and other Enterprise locations as needed. Has detailed understanding of hospitality and food management strategies and service contracting. Performs research, analyzes data, and makes recommendations on services and prepares management reports. Assists management through budget and expense monitoring, development of policies and procedures, and oversees work of and/or delegates work to clerical staff. Serves as resource to staff and customers.Key Responsibilities include:
- Assists management with oversight of the hospitality and food and beverage management program, including contractor monitoring, general operations, service delivery, and procurement. Reviews and monitors quality and accuracy of data that is used for compliance, accreditation, and operational/financial purposes.
- Performs research and analysis on support options and makes recommendations to customers; Participates in or directly negotiates pricing and service levels with contractors; Manages master services and multi-unit/multi-department equipment service contracts, including monitoring contract performance.
- Procures or participates in the procurement of equipment service contracts and for Hospitality and Food and Beverage operations, projects, and services in general.
- Reviews new equipment purchases to ensure Facilities/Biomed requirements are met and provide direction regarding asset management requirements. Coordinates technical reviews as appropriate.
- Coordinates services, resolves contract performance issues, and provides customer support. Assists management in resolving customer service issues. Develops and implements specific customer equipment management programs to meet compliance or other operational needs.
- Analyzes data and performs research for department programs and makes recommendations to management, including opportunities for improvement in services and cost-savings. Creates management reports, those required for other City of Hope departments, or regulatory agencies.
- Contributes to the development of section budgets; monitors and tracks expenditures. Ensures proper payments/credits related to department function. Reviews and approves expenditures within signature authority level.
- Delegates work to clerical staff and provides direction and guidance; Resolves process or procedural issues to ensure operational needs are met. Coordinates/prioritizes workflow. Assists management with personnel matters.
- Provides key support with regard to the surplus and disposal of biomedical equipment. Coordinates and facilitates the responsible re-use of equipment, including internal transfer, donation, sale, or disposal of equipment. Participates in property control/asset management efforts organization-wide.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Develop and maintain department website; Provides application/technical support to department staff, including those related to software usage.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and/or special projects at the department level or those related to equipment management hospital-wide.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education.
- At least five years of diversified, advanced level or specialized administrative or hospitality experience in a hospitality, high-end restaurant, hospital, or business support setting.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record for insurance purposes.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.