About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Performs advanced, diversified, confidential and highly responsible professional secretarial & administrative services in support of an Executive Officer. Work assignments are complex in nature where considerable judgment, tact, creativity & initiative are required in resolving problems. Exercises frequent independent judgment, makes administrative decisions (within agreed upon limitations) and takes action on behalf of executive based on knowledge of organization policies, practices, personnel & corporate activities.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Uses discretionary initiative and judgment in handling sensitive & confidential details, establishing priorities and resolving problems relating to day to day operations & administrative details.
- Serves as a liaison between executives, managers & visitors as required. Researches and fulfills information requests from internal & external business contacts.
- Resolves routine and complex inquiries and problems requiring in-depth knowledge of organizational, divisional and departmental policies, procedures & projects in progress.
- Uses judgment in handling telephone calls & appointment requests for executive; routes to others as appropriate.
- Schedules & maintains calendar of appointments, meetings & travel itineraries. Coordinates related arrangements.
- Assists executive in maintaining & keeping scheduled appointments, meetings, etc.
- Independently prepares & distributes minutes of meetings. Initiates follow-up on items discussed in meetings.
- Initiates routine and some non-routine correspondence & memoranda. Drafts correspondence for executive's final approval.
- Compiles, computes, summarizes & analyzes data for special reports.
- Plans, organizes and prioritizes special projects.
- Helps create power point presentations
- Has regular exposure to highly confidential information & files.
- 2 years Post High School Trade, Business or Professional School.
- 5 years experience in administrative & secretarial support at an executive level. Possesses high level of administrative and secretarial skills & versatility in use of PCs and related office software.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.