About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.Position Summary
Performs CT simulation and treatment planning, along with 3-dimensional computer assisted treatment planning, under the direction of a staff physicist. Performs general patient dosimetry to include hand calculations for external beam therapy and irregularly shaped field calculations. Prepares Total Body Irradiation data for treatment. Performs QA on treatment planning system.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:Minimum Education:
- Independently assesses the necessary dosimetry and physics requirements for fulfilling the physician's prescription.
- Recommends treatment strategies to the physician.
- Performs CT and conventional simulation procedures.
- Contours normal tissues according to physician instructions.
- Digitizes and imports all beam shaping blocks at the completion of the simulation process.
- Performs 2, 3-D, and IMRT treatment planning.
- Performs treatment planning for HDR and interstitial brachytherapy.
- Performs point dose calculations for irregularly shaped fields.
- Obtains output factors for electron beam cutouts.
- Computes monitor units for all external beam treatments.
- Performs TLD and other personal dosimetry measurements.
- Bachelor's degree or Graduate of 12-month Medical Dosimetry program CMD certification with 24 months experience following certification may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Experience as required for board eligibility.
- MDCB or eligible.
- CPR certified.
- Must achieve MDCB within two years.
Preferred Experience: Machines/Equipment:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science.
- Linear Accelerator
- Treatment Planning Systems
- Radiation Simulator
- CT Simulator
- Full Time
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.