Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions.About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.Position Summary
Independently executes a broad range of operational, administrative, and support activities for Hope and Parson's Village, and offsite City of Hope patient housing locations. Specific tasks include booking reservations, assisting patients with check-ins and check-outs, billing, assist with facility management, customer service, interfacing with financial assistance office, social work, case management, nursing; arranging transportation. Works independently and has a detailed knowledge of the Hope Village activities, policies, and procedures. Performs research, analyzes bookings, and makes patient housing recommendation based on policies and procedures. Has high level of interpersonal communication skills and enjoys working with patients and families.Key Responsibilities include:
- Delivers primary functions of the Hope Village front office, which includes face-to-face and phone interactions with patients, families, nurse coordinators, case managers, social work. Books reservations according to Hope Village policy; invoices patients; checks patients out; handles customer service questions; assists with facility management. Serves as point person for all patients and family residing in Hope Village and offsite hotels. Requires ability to work independently. Resolves routine and complex inquiries using current policies and procedures
- Assists with Hope Village weekly reports and patient stay summaries. Has strong computer skills and can deliver reports using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Serves as transportation logistics coordinator: oversees daily transportation needs of Hope Village and offsite hotel patients, both on campus and off campus, using both campus shuttle and contracted offsite transportation vendors.
- Assists with processing of invoices for contracts and miscellaneous purchase orders. This may require assisting with generating purchase order modifications on occasion as required to adjust contract amounts as occasionally needed.
- Helps establish and accomplish office priorities through personal organization and time management and support of Hope Village priorities.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of experience in a business office, preferably in a healthcare environment. A combination of an advanced educational degree and experience may substitute.
- Preferably Bachelor's Degree and experience in hotel management.
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.