Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions.About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.Available positions for the Duarte Campus:Lead Cook
Cooks Ior II
- The Lead Cook will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events. This individual, under the leadership of on-site management and/or supervisors, will coordinate the activities of workers and/or service employees.
- Responsible for the supervision of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by management. Maintains key control of operations and responsible for activities to ensure opening, closing and daily procedures are completed.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Must have HS Diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Must have 5 years of related work experience and ServeSafe Certificate
- The Cookwill accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Meals. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but City of Hope may identify other responsibilities of the position.
- Must have HS Diploma or equivalent experience and Safe Serve Certification.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.Additional Information:
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination. Compliance is a condition of employment.
- Position is part of a collective bargaining agreement
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.