This position oversees, manages, and supervises research training programs and research projects that involve multiple departments and institutions. The person in this role will be supporting our NHLBI-funded T32 training program, our SHARE program (Surgical Health Services Academy for Research and Education program) within Baylor College of Medicine's Department of Medicine- Center for Innovation Quality Effectiveness and Safety. Job duties involve coordinating day to day activities for a large number of research coordinators, interns, post-docs, and consultants. They will be responsible for timely execution of key deliverables, identification of critical risk areas and developing mitigation strategies.Job Duties
- Manages the daily operation of multiple research projects within the Department of Medicine.
- Trains and supervises research coordinators. Timely execution of key deliverables, identification of critical risk areas and developing mitigation strategies.
- Develop management plan to include timeline and milestones. Coordinate research personnel meetings; provide daily guidance to research coordinators and other team members.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from program leaders and funding agency.
- Manages and coordinates quality assurance and safety programs.
- Oversees regulatory activities that lead to timely regulatory submission and approval.
- Prepare regular progress reports.
- Coordinate all study procedures with collaborating site to ensure consistently and accuracy of data collection, documentation, organization, and safety of patients in the study.
- Oversee and develop database development and data collection software.
- Managing budgets of the projects, monitor ongoing expenditures to ensure compliance with anticipated expenses.
- Order study supplies and manage inventory of equipment.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Four years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.