Develops and implements grants administration internal procedures to insure compliance with BCM policy. Provides guidance and resolutions to issues as related grants management and business operation. Oversees the financial administration of grants and contracts from budget setup through award closeout. Assists in the development and submission of the annual budget for the academic section.Job Duties
- Responsible for overall research grants management of the department and the Center for Drug Discovery
- Serve as department approver for proposal submissions
- Collaborate with Grants & Contracts personnel in the completion of final financial reports and grant close outs
- Manage salary and effort reporting and certification for faculty and staff, according to proposed commitments
- Function as pre-reviewer for all research effort reports in Effort Reporting System
- Monitor financial activity and ensure appropriate funds utilization of research dollars
- Meet regularly with research faculty to review grant accounts financial reports, personnel changes based on funding, ending grants, and proposal submission plans.
- Provide guidance to faculty and grants office staff regarding financial matters related to sponsored projects.
- Bachelor's degree. Certified Research Administrator certification through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Six years experience in Grants Finance Administration
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; SN