At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us. Do you dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- The Application Engineer/Specialist will support one or more of our Packaging segments form our Bridgewater, NJ Technical Center.
- The Engineer/Specialist will perform laboratory testing, analyze results, and issue reports for internal and external customers.
- The Application Engineer/Specialist will also assist and operate our pilot coater/laminator machines as well as support calibration and preventative maintenance of all equipment.
- Work may include support in defining the capabilities of product technologies, developing test procedures, optimizing product selection and investigating opportunities to improve product quality.
- Directly communicates with the field Sales, Key Account Managers, Application Engineers or project team with the ability to communicate directly with customers.
- Technical degree preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as a technician with an understand of laboratory test methods, reports, and lab safety is required.
- Experience in the Flexible Packaging industry preferred, but not required.
- Hands-on coating and/or converting expertise (mechanical / application equipment aptitude) in coatings and lamination adhesive technology is preferred but not required.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex / difficult problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management and organization skills.
- There will be minimal travel required for this role.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.