The Department of Orthopedic Surgery & Scoliosis at Texas Children's Hospital (TCH) in collaboration with Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) is looking for a current med student or recent grad to fill our research coordinator position. This is an opportunity to work side-by-side with TCH paediatric orthopaedic surgeons, physicians and researchers. This position will expand your knowledge and exposure to the field of pediatric orthopedics and become involved in high-quality clinical and/or basic science research projects.Job Duties
- The research coordinator is guided through the research process from the development of a hypothesis to data collection, manuscript writing, and presentation at national and international orthopedic conferences.
- The coordinator has the opportunity to work independently on projects of special interest to him/her or on one of the current institutionally approved studies and is encouraged to interact and collaborate with the department's diversified faculty (each with his/her own area of special interest and expertise).
- Topics of focus include spine disorders, sports injuries, cerebral palsy, musculoskeletal tumors, foot/ankle disorders, hip disorders, limb deficiency, and thoracic insufficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.