We are seeking a Research Coordinator I to join our Parkinson's and Movement Disorder research team. We are looking for a candidate with minimal research experience that will grow into a contributing member of the team. The Research Coordinator I will be responsible for the coordination of daily activities on research studies which will include the scheduling, screening, enrollment of research patients. The Research Coordinator I will ensure accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants. The Research Coordinator will work closely with the PIs and regulatory staff to ensure the research studies are performed in accordance with federal regulations, NIH guidelines and departmental policies.Job Duties
- Interviews, screens and recruits patients for research studies. (10%)
- Educates patients on all department research studies and procedures. (10%)
- Develops research folders for assigned protocols to outline guidelines for protocol compliance and to assure complete source documentation. (10%)
- Collects patient information, processes/completes documents and enters information into database according to procedures in the research protocol. (10%)
- Assists with daily administrative tasks like preparing study materials, photocopying, organizing and filing documents, mailing study materials, working with confidential files. (10%)
- Schedules research participant for tests, procedures and appointments for the research protocol. (10%)
- Corresponds with research patients throughout study. (10%)
- Responsible for quality assurance audits and monitor visits. (10%)
- Orders research supplies and equipment. (5%)
- Maintains accountability logs according to protocol guidelines. (5%)
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.