The Tsai Lab is seeking to hire a Research Technician III to assist with the bacterial expression and purification of recombinant proteins for structure analysis work. The technician will perform enzymatic assays to study protein function and assist with the robotic screening, imaging, and optimization of protein crystals with the goal to develop novel treatments against unmet human diseases, such as cancer, Alzheimer's disease, and related dementias. Prior experience in protein biochemistry is an advantage. Enthusiasm for experimental research, willingness to learn, and excellent communication skills are essential.
For more information: https://www.bcm.edu/people-search/francis-tsai-32021 Job Duties
- Performs laboratory research experiments to reveal new mechanistic insights into protein machines.
- Assists with the bacterial expression and purification of recombinant proteins for structure analysis work.
- Performs enzymatic assays to study protein function.
- Assists with the robotic screening, imaging, and optimization of protein crystals.
- Prepares and maintains lab reagents/stocks that includes buffers and media to ensure an up-to-date lab inventory.
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes data in an accurate and detailed manner.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintain required documentation on laboratory safety.
- Maintains small lab equipment and the general lab area in accordance with established procedures.
- Trains new lab members following established protocols and lab procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Experience with basic molecular or cellular biology techniques.
- Experience in protein biochemistry is an advantage.
- Self-motivated, able to follow directions and established protocols, strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office).
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.